Placemats for Wood Table – Do you want to add some pizzazz to your dining experience? Look no further than placemats! Yes, you heard that right, placemats. These little pieces of decor can transform your table from drab to fab in seconds. Not only do they protect your table from spills and stains, but they also add a touch of personality to your dining room. From quirky designs to hilarious puns, there’s a placemat out there for everyone. So, why settle for a plain old wood table when you can spice it up with some fun and funky placemats?
10 beautiful placemats for wood tables
Your home and kitchen design’s appeal can be found in the requirements like what are the durable placemats for your wood table, which protect your table and show off your aesthetics of dining. It is important to protect the wooden dining tables from heat and scratches through continuous use at the house. Therefore, to prevent the wooden table from these scratches and burn marks you should use placemats. We have done a lot of research to curate a list of beautiful placemats for wood tables, evaluating the model design, durability, materials, and wash type. We have put forward a very detailed guide using which you can understand what aspects to pay more attention to while buying the placemats for wood tables. We highly recommend you read the buyer’s guide at the end of the article.
|Features & Material
|Artand Heat Resistant Placemats
|• Heat resistant
• PVC & Polyester
|HEBE Heat Resistant Placemats
|• Heat resistant
|Cotton Craft Hand Made Placemats
|• Easy to wash
• Water absorbent
• Available in many sizes
• 100% Cotton
|DII Placemats for Everyday Use
|• Elegant design
• Easy to clean
• 100% Cotton
|Benson Mills Cork Placemats
|• Excellent insulators
• Water resistant
• Available in many designs
• 100% Cork
|Pauwer Vinyl Placemats
• Easy stain removal
• PVC & Polyester
|Bright Dream Washable Placemats
|• Easy to rinse and clean
• PVC & Polyester
|Benson Mills Round Placemats
• Easy to clean
• Heat resistant
|U’Artlines Slip-Resistant Placemats
|• Easy to clean
• Heat resistant
|HEBE Stain-Resistant Placemats
|• Heat resistant
• Smooth texture
• Easy to remove stains
1. Heat and stains resistant washable placemats
- 70% PVC
- 30% Polyester
- It is capable to bear a high temperature of 176 F which makes it efficient to protect wooden tables.
- These are amazing placemats for glass dining tables as they might cause water to flow through their weak pores, but can easily be wiped off of glass tables.
- These placemats are available in 5 different colors and their size is 18×12 inch
- The manufacturer provides an option to order either 4 or 6 placemats of the same top-grade material etched on, which is the same elegant design.
- Heat resistant up to a large degree
- Elegant design
- Economical and less expensive
- Doesn’t fade away
- Weaker than expected
- Cleaned through wiping only. Do not support washing by machines.
2. HEBE heat-resistant placemats for wooden table
- These stylish woven placemats add a wild touch of vibrancy to your wood table and are entirely heat-resistant.
- It is durable in nature as it can hold off all greasy stains which can leave a mark on your table.
- They are easily foldable and can easily be moved on or off the table as required.
- These economical placemats, available in a set of 6 and 12 different colors, are amazing and beautiful placemats for everyday use.
- Cleaning them can be a tad bit hard as the cross-weave leaves a few spots which might cause food or spill to stay inside.
However, they are definitely a great addition to a dining table and will complement the theme in a beautiful manner. Buying HEBE placemats is going to provide you a good value for the money.
- Woven vinyl cross-weaved
- Heat resistant
- Doesn’t fade or lose color
- Attractive look
- Non-slip and foldable
- Thinner or weaker material
- Debris might get in the holes, making it slightly harder to clean
3. Wood meets color woven braided placemats
- Absorbent in nature
- Protect your table from burn
- These placemats are available in a pack of 4
- These 12 x 18 inches cotton placemats will protect your wooden table from all sorts of stains and marks, and that too, for a long time.
- The table runner and napkin are also available in the same color and design.
- Another great offer by the company is the free replacement if the placemat gets torn after washing.
Most cloth placemats are not machine washable, but so is not the case with these placemats. Although the fringes on the sides are hand-knotted, the material doesn’t wither away nor release color on washing.
- Machine washable
- Absorbent and water resistant
- Both sides have the same print so use the other If need be
- Available in more than one size.
- Needs to be ironed after a wash
- Thicker than expected with a rough feel
4. DII french stripe placemats for everyday use
- These placemats don’t offer good protection against hot bowls and dishes.
- they can also be cleaned using a damp cloth or a sponge with some sort of liquid or soap
- To keep their structure as it is, medium heat should be applied.
- Pots or plates with very hot substances should be avoided so these placemats can work longer than expected.
- The 13 inches long by 19 inches wide placemat is available in 14 different colors.
- These beautiful tablemats are manufactured using 100 percent cotton, which ultimately affects their durability.
- They’re incredibly economical both for the level of quality in terms of durability and value.
Points to remember while using DII french stripe placemats One thing you need to take care of is the heat. These placemats So, don’t make the mistake of placing burning dishes on the mat. Shrinkage of these placemats might be a small issue, but does not always happen. Be it a picnic, a dinner, or even a party, these placemats can upgrade the looks of your table twofold. Not only for your own usage but these placemats can also be gifted to others on various occasions. One of the important aspects of buying these placemats is their price and the quantity of them compared to other products.
- Easy to clean. As they are machine washable, they are incredibly easy to manage. They can also be cleaned using a damp cloth if the stains are lighter
- Available in a wide variety of colors and sizes
- Intricately elegant design (French stripe)
- Economical rates
- Might shrink upon excessive washing
- Very thin and flimsy
5. Heat-resistant placemats Benson Mills Bordeaux
- These placemats are made up of cork. This cork makes its surface impermeable means it does not allow any liquid to pass through, which makes them outstanding spill-proof placemats.
- Also, because of their hard nature, spillages can be cleaned easily without the risk of the liquid creating a mess inside the fabric.
- They are great insulators and heat-resistant.
- This placemat can handle temperatures up to 212 F. So, feel comfortable when using hot pots or dishes as they will protect your table from all sorts of debris and stains.
Availability Available in a huge range of different printed designs, they are loved by many and are also one of the amazing placemats for wooden tables.
- Excellent insulators and heat-resistant
- Available in many beautiful designs
- Water resistant because of the hard nature
- 100% Cork material
- Prices are average for the quality and material used
- Might break away if excessive pressure is applied
- Designs might peel off after some time
6. Pauwer cross-weave woven vinyl
- Pauwer cross-weave placemats are not the perfect insulators.
- It can absorb heat up to 80°C.
- Easy to clean and very lightweight
Do you know, wooden tables might be at risk of permanent marks if hot substances are kept on this placemat for longer periods? Material & Availability
- Cross-woven placemats are no ordinary pieces of cloth.
- By using approved PVC materials in their products, Pauwer placemats go out of the way to give you a fixed mix of elegance and modern placemats which can complement a wide range of home decor.
- These placemats are available in a set of 4, 6, 8, and 26 different colors. You can choose as many placemats as you want to depend on the size of your dining table.
- Visually appealing and add a touch of elegance
- Easy to clean. Simple stains or debris can be cleaned under running water as well.
- Available in many different colors and shades
- Lightweight and can easily be removed as and when wanted
- Perfect for the price at which they are available
- Incredibly thin and flimsy
- Can easily slip off the table
7. Bright Dream Hard Table Washable Placemats
- Easy to manage and fold
- These vinyl placemats are amazing washable placemats as stains and debris can be swiped clean or washed under running water.
- Available in various colors and designs
- It is composed of 70% PVC and 30% Polyester
- They are available in the size of 18 x 12 inches and 38 different shades
Not only simple solid colors, but the placemats are also available in various designs and color shades to perfectly suit the shade of your table. To win over your guests, these might just be the perfect decision you will ever make as it attracts people over to their glistening looks and impresses more with their touch. Vinyl placemats like these are also amazing square placemats for round tables as they can help in seating as well as for traditional beautifying and protection purposes.
- Available in many different sizes and colors
- Easy to fold and manage
- Stains can be removed easily
- Non-slip, non-fade
- Affordable and cheaper for the quality and sharpness they offer to the table
- Size might be exceptionally large
- Meal particles may get in between the holes of the placemat
- Hotter plates or pots might leave a mark
8. Benson Mills Victorian Round Placemats
- If you are looking for placemats that protect tables from heat, with their hard material, these placemats will go a long way to help you steer clear of all heat marks.
- Cleaning placemats can be an extremely daunting task. However, the polypropylene material used in these table mats makes them resistant to long-term stains.
- Cleaning them is fairly easy and can be done with a damp cloth or sponge, or a simple wipe.
- The rustic brown or brick-red shade of the placemat goes with almost every table. Whether an oak wood table or a simple glass table, these 15-inch placemats will look amazing everywhere for all sorts of usages.
- Add a bit of fun to your table with these small round sets of joy.
- Made of high-quality materials like polypropylene
- Maintenance and cleaning is fairly easy by a damp cloth or wiping
- Heat-resistant up to a large degree
- The rustic brown and gold complement almost every table
- Not machine washable
- Might be thinner than expected
- Might curl up from the sides after prolonged use
9. U’Artlines Non-Slip, Washable Placemats
- These placemats are not only for conventional tables, but they are also amazing placemats for round tables.
- Be it a patio table in your green garden, or your glass table inside, it will fit perfectly in every case.
- PVC and Polyester are the main materials used to manufacture these placemats which are approximately 18×12 inches and available in 45 different colors.
- Although a little longer, they can also be used on smaller tables, either by folding inside or by keeping one over another.
- Heat-resistant to 65Ã¢â€žÆ’
- Easy to manage and clean using soap and water solutions or wipes
- Unique design and 44 different colors.
- Liquid might sweep through pores
- Very lightweight material if you are not looking for one specifically
10. HEBE Heat Resistant, Non-Slip, Washable Placemats
- If you want to keep the table protected from heat marks, these placemats are slightly thicker than normal, and very quality PVC materials are used to protect this well.
- They are remarkably amazing placemats to protect wood tables because of their high heat resistance.
- Available in a set of 6 and 21 different colors, their sizes are a tad bit longer. This is not a negative point, but might not be suitable for small tables. However, this might be a drawback; their quality overcomes all such disadvantages and is still an excellent choice.
- These placemats are the right fit for every setting, even if you are hosting a dinner, or simply plan on keeping it on your work desk. Beautify the looks of your tables by placing these stylish placemats and amaze the observer in no time.
- Stains get off very easily and the mat dries quickly
- Heat resistant up to 150 F
- Smooth texture and creatively designed patterns
- An excellent choice for wood and glass tables
- Not waterproof
- Cannot be machine washed
- A little expensive
Complete guide on how to choose placemats
A simple decision to buy a placemat will lead you to a whole new dimension of modern design and home decor. Want to know the important part? Your own local store or even an online store is home to a dozen placemats, each produced with a different material, in a different size. Sorting out the perfect placemat for your own use can be a hard task. But, to cut it out for you, we will discuss the various aspects to compare which can narrow your list down a bit.
Features of the placemats for wood table
Are you looking for placemats that simply increase the beauty of your table, or are they both washable and durable for the long run? Should they be heat and water-resistant placemats? Each placemat is made of a different material, with a different usage scenario in mind. Let’s put it this way, these durable placemats for a wood table might not be the right option for a glass or a plastic table.
- Always take a closer look at the materials while choosing the placemats for the wood table.
- Cotton placemats are way softer without a harsh odor. Hand-stitched placemats, with elegant designs, will definitely win over the people close by.
- Water stains can also be restrained in the placemat to a great extent. PVC or Vinyl placemats are amazing washable placemats.
- Although PVC-based placemats are excellent in terms of cleaning, many dislike their stiffness and the disability of machine washing.
- Cork placemats are also a trendy option. Their lightweight nature and protection from water stains and heat marks make them a loved choice by many.
- You may also like to check out our detailed guide on how to wash placemats.
Tips to choose budget-friendly placemats for wood table
- If you want to buy budget-friendly placemats for a wooden table then follow your strict-budget plan before going to buy it.
- Sometimes, cheaper placemats might lack in luster but could be more durable in the long run which could be the opposite of the expensive ones.
- One part of getting budget-friendly placemats depends on the material with which the placemat is made. Quantity is also an outcome of the value. How many placemats can you get in a specific amount?
- Always keep in mind what type of placemats you have. Choose softer materials for the glass top and polished wood to prevent scratches and burns.
Concluding Placemats for Wooden Table
In conclusion, placemats for wood tables are a must-have for any home. Not only do they protect your table from scratches and spills, but they also add a touch of style and personality to your dining experience. Plus, they make for great conversation starters. Imagine your guests admiring your unique placemats and asking where you got them from. You can respond with a witty remark like, “Oh, I made them myself with my bare hands and a glue gun.” Or, you can simply tell them the truth and recommend they get their own set of placemats for their wood table. Trust us, your table (and your guests) will thank you. Also, Read –
- How to Choose Placemats?
- Our Placemats Guide
- Pauwer Placemats for your home
- Placemats for Wood Table
- Placemats for Christmas
- Wrinkle Free Placemats
- Read What Are Placemats Used For?
- Placemats for Round Table
- Placemats for Toddlers
- Heat Resistant placemats for home
- How to Wash Placemats?
- Placemats for Everyday use
- Placemats for Glass Table
- Are placemats out of style?
- Machine Washable placemats