Dining tables, especially wooden ones, are often the centerpiece of our homes, bringing families together for meals, conversations, and memories. But, as much as we love the natural beauty of wood, it can be easily scratched and damaged by plates, cups, and cutlery. Enter placemats – the unsung heroes of table protection. These simple but stylish accessories not only protect your table’s surface but also add a touch of flair to your dining décor.
In this article, we’ll explore the different types of placemats available, and how to choose the right ones for your wooden table. Whether you’re looking to elevate your dining experience or simply keep your table looking perfect, this article has got you covered. So, sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the world of placemats!
10 beautiful placemats for wood tables
Your home and kitchen design’s appeal can be found in the requirements like what are the durable placemats for your wood table, which protect your table and show off your aesthetics of dining. It is important to protect the wooden dining tables from heat and scratches through continuous use at the house. Therefore, to prevent the wooden table from these scratches and burn marks you should use placemats.
We have done a lot of research to curate a list of beautiful placemats for wood tables, evaluating the model design, durability, materials, and wash type. We have put forward a very detailed guide using which you can understand what aspects to pay more attention to while buying the placemats for wood tables.
We highly recommend you read the buyer’s guide at the end of the article.
|Product||Features & Material||Availability|
|Artand Heat Resistant Placemats||• Heat resistant|
• PVC & Polyester
|HEBE Heat Resistant Placemats||• Heat resistant|
|Cotton Craft Hand Made Placemats||• Easy to wash|
• Water absorbent
• Available in many sizes
• 100% Cotton
|DII Placemats for Everyday Use||• Elegant design|
• Easy to clean
• 100% Cotton
|Benson Mills Cork Placemats||• Excellent insulators|
• Water resistant
• Available in many designs
• 100% Cork
|Pauwer Vinyl Placemats||• Non-slip|
• Easy stain removal
• PVC & Polyester
|Bright Dream Washable Placemats||• Easy to rinse and clean|
• PVC & Polyester
|Benson Mills Round Placemats||• Durable|
• Easy to clean
• Heat resistant
|U’Artlines Slip-Resistant Placemats||• Easy to clean|
• Heat resistant
|HEBE Stain-Resistant Placemats||• Heat resistant|
• Smooth texture
• Easy to remove stains
So, without further ado, let’s discuss the amazing placemats for a wooden table in detail.
1. Heat and stains resistant washable placemats
A beautiful set of placemats that can light up the entire aura of a table with elegance and style, all the while, completing the theme of the table or the room.
Used Materials –
- 70% PVC
- 30% Polyester
- It is capable to bear a high temperature of 176 F which makes it efficient to protect wooden tables.
- These are amazing placemats for glass dining tables as they might cause water to flow through their weak pores, but can easily be wiped off of glass tables.
- These placemats are available in 5 different colors and their size is 18×12 inch
- The manufacturer provides an option to order either 4 or 6 placemats of the same top-grade material etched on, which is the same elegant design.
- Heat resistant up to a large degree
- Elegant design
- Economical and less expensive
- Doesn’t fade away
- Weaker than expected
- Cleaned through wiping only. Do not support washing by machines.
2. HEBE heat-resistant placemats for wooden table
A beautiful pair of six placemats, crafted by skilled artisans with durability in mind. These placemats possess many advantages as they are made from an approved environment-friendly material!
Materials Used –
- These stylish woven placemats add a wild touch of vibrancy to your wood table and are entirely heat-resistant.
- It is durable in nature as it can hold off all greasy stains which can leave a mark on your table.
- They are easily foldable and can easily be moved on or off the table as required.
- These economical placemats, available in a set of 6 and 12 different colors, are amazing and beautiful placemats for everyday use.
- Cleaning them can be a tad bit hard as the cross-weave leaves a few spots which might cause food or spill to stay inside.
However, they are definitely a great addition to a dining table and will complement the theme in a beautiful manner. Buying HEBE placemats is going to provide you a good value for the money.
- Woven vinyl cross-weaved
- Heat resistant
- Doesn’t fade or lose color
- Attractive look
- Non-slip and foldable
- Thinner or weaker material
- Debris might get in the holes, making it slightly harder to clean
3. Wood meets color woven braided placemats
If you are looking for a placemat that gives your table a refreshing look with a pop of color, protects your table from burn marks efficiently, and is cheap at the same time, this is the perfect placemat for you!
Another great thing about these beautiful vibrant placemats is their absorbent nature, which makes them the outstanding placemat for everyday use as all sorts of spills and messes by children can be well-taken care of.
- Absorbent in nature
- Protect your table from burn
- These placemats are available in a pack of 4
- These 12 x 18 inches cotton placemats will protect your wooden table from all sorts of stains and marks, and that too, for a long time.
- The table runner and napkin are also available in the same color and design.
- Another great offer by the company is the free replacement if the placemat gets torn after washing.
Most cloth placemats are not machine washable, but so is not the case with these placemats. Although the fringes on the sides are hand-knotted, the material doesn’t wither away nor release color on washing.
- Machine washable
- Absorbent and water resistant
- Both sides have the same print so use the other If need be
- Available in more than one size.
- Needs to be ironed after a wash
- Thicker than expected with a rough feel
4. DII french stripe placemats for everyday use
Are you in search of an all-natural fiber placemat to create the perfect table setting? Well, these stylish and fashionable placemats are your only choice.
These exquisite placemats are available in a wide variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. You don’t need a special occasion to put up these placemats as they are a good option for almost every event and time.
- These placemats don’t offer good protection against hot bowls and dishes.
- they can also be cleaned using a damp cloth or a sponge with some sort of liquid or soap
- To keep their structure as it is, medium heat should be applied.
- Pots or plates with very hot substances should be avoided so these placemats can work longer than expected.
- The 13 inches long by 19 inches wide placemat is available in 14 different colors.
- These beautiful tablemats are manufactured using 100 percent cotton, which ultimately affects their durability.
- They’re incredibly economical both for the level of quality in terms of durability and value.
Points to remember while using DII french stripe placemats
One thing you need to take care of is the heat. These placemats So, don’t make the mistake of placing burning dishes on the mat. Shrinkage of these placemats might be a small issue, but does not always happen.
Be it a picnic, a dinner, or even a party, these placemats can upgrade the looks of your table twofold. Not only for your own usage but these placemats can also be gifted to others on various occasions.
One of the important aspects of buying these placemats is their price and the quantity of them compared to other products.
- Easy to clean. As they are machine washable, they are incredibly easy to manage. They can also be cleaned using a damp cloth if the stains are lighter
- Available in a wide variety of colors and sizes
- Intricately elegant design (French stripe)
- Economical rates
- Might shrink upon excessive washing
- Very thin and flimsy
5. Heat-resistant placemats Benson Mills Bordeaux
If you are in search of placemats that reflect back on your luxurious love for artistic tables and still manage to keep the setting minimal, look no further.
The Bordeaux 100 percent cork placemats are possibly the only option you will come across at that price and value! The intricacies of the design are very clear from the get-go as your visual senses divulge into the beautifully printed placemats.
- These placemats are made up of cork. This cork makes its surface impermeable means it does not allow any liquid to pass through, which makes them outstanding spill-proof placemats.
- Also, because of their hard nature, spillages can be cleaned easily without the risk of the liquid creating a mess inside the fabric.
- They are great insulators and heat-resistant.
- This placemat can handle temperatures up to 212 F. So, feel comfortable when using hot pots or dishes as they will protect your table from all sorts of debris and stains.
Available in a huge range of different printed designs, they are loved by many and are also one of the amazing placemats for wooden tables.
- Excellent insulators and heat-resistant
- Available in many beautiful designs
- Water resistant because of the hard nature
- 100% Cork material
- Prices are average for the quality and material used
- Might break away if excessive pressure is applied
- Designs might peel off after some time
6. Pauwer cross-weave woven vinyl
Looking forward to buying placemats that are extra durable, easy to clean, and incredibly lightweight? Pawers striped placemats will hands down, provide you with all these features!
Cleaning these placemats cannot be any easier. Just, for example, say your guests are over and something produces a stain on the placemat. You do not need to go out of the way to clean it.
Simply, washcloth, and rub the placemats gently to see a positive result. This inevitably makes them the most appropriate placemats for dining tables.
- Pauwer cross-weave placemats are not the perfect insulators.
- It can absorb heat up to 80°C.
- Easy to clean and very lightweight
Do you know, wooden tables might be at risk of permanent marks if hot substances are kept on this placemat for longer periods?
Material & Availability
- Cross-woven placemats are no ordinary pieces of cloth.
- By using approved PVC materials in their products, Pauwer placemats go out of the way to give you a fixed mix of elegance and modern placemats which can complement a wide range of home decor.
- These placemats are available in a set of 4, 6, 8, and 26 different colors. You can choose as many placemats as you want to depend on the size of your dining table.
- Visually appealing and add a touch of elegance
- Easy to clean. Simple stains or debris can be cleaned under running water as well.
- Available in many different colors and shades
- Lightweight and can easily be removed as and when wanted
- Perfect for the price at which they are available
- Incredibly thin and flimsy
- Can easily slip off the table
7. Bright Dream Hard Table Washable Placemats
In order to complement a larger table, you might need placemats that are larger in length and suit well with your seating. With this usage in mind, these placemats are available in a whopping 18-inch wide by 12-inch long size, the perfect addition to long tables.
- Easy to manage and fold
- These vinyl placemats are amazing washable placemats as stains and debris can be swiped clean or washed under running water.
- Available in various colors and designs
- It is composed of 70% PVC and 30% Polyester
- They are available in the size of 18 x 12 inches and 38 different shades
Not only simple solid colors, but the placemats are also available in various designs and color shades to perfectly suit the shade of your table. To win over your guests, these might just be the perfect decision you will ever make as it attracts people over to their glistening looks and impresses more with their touch.
Vinyl placemats like these are also amazing square placemats for round tables as they can help in seating as well as for traditional beautifying and protection purposes.
- Available in many different sizes and colors
- Easy to fold and manage
- Stains can be removed easily
- Non-slip, non-fade
- Affordable and cheaper for the quality and sharpness they offer to the table
- Size might be exceptionally large
- Meal particles may get in between the holes of the placemat
- Hotter plates or pots might leave a mark
8. Benson Mills Victorian Round Placemats
Traditional square placemats are famous but not as much as round ones. Benson Mills’ Victorian placemats give you a rustic feel with their round nature and look.
Feel free to keep any hot pot on your Victorian placemat without the stress of noticing an unwanted stain later.
- If you are looking for placemats that protect tables from heat, with their hard material, these placemats will go a long way to help you steer clear of all heat marks.
- Cleaning placemats can be an extremely daunting task. However, the polypropylene material used in these table mats makes them resistant to long-term stains.
- Cleaning them is fairly easy and can be done with a damp cloth or sponge, or a simple wipe.
- The rustic brown or brick-red shade of the placemat goes with almost every table. Whether an oak wood table or a simple glass table, these 15-inch placemats will look amazing everywhere for all sorts of usages.
- Add a bit of fun to your table with these small round sets of joy.
- Made of high-quality materials like polypropylene
- Maintenance and cleaning is fairly easy by a damp cloth or wiping
- Heat-resistant up to a large degree
- The rustic brown and gold complement almost every table
- Not machine washable
- Might be thinner than expected
- Might curl up from the sides after prolonged use
9. U’Artlines Non-Slip, Washable Placemats
Bright dreams placemats can greatly impact the overall impression of the table settings with their simple yet modern color schemes.
With these high-quality placemats on your kitchen table, you can easily let go of the worries that your children might make a mess. Let them, and you can easily clean the dirt right off by wiping the placemat and soaking it in warm soapy water. If the stains still won’t go, a brush and a similar soap solution are your perfect bet.
- These placemats are not only for conventional tables, but they are also amazing placemats for round tables.
- Be it a patio table in your green garden, or your glass table inside, it will fit perfectly in every case.
- PVC and Polyester are the main materials used to manufacture these placemats which are approximately 18×12 inches and available in 45 different colors.
- Although a little longer, they can also be used on smaller tables, either by folding inside or by keeping one over another.
- Heat-resistant to 65Ã¢â€žÆ’
- Easy to manage and clean using soap and water solutions or wipes
- Unique design and 44 different colors.
- Liquid might sweep through pores
- Very lightweight material if you are not looking for one specifically
10. HEBE Heat Resistant, Non-Slip, Washable Placemats
HEBE manufactures placemats designed with utmost attention to quality, value, and detail. In order to showcase your love and interest in cultural art, these placemats might be the perfect fit as they amaze the eye with their creative patterns.
- If you want to keep the table protected from heat marks, these placemats are slightly thicker than normal, and very quality PVC materials are used to protect this well.
- They are remarkably amazing placemats to protect wood tables because of their high heat resistance.
- Available in a set of 6 and 21 different colors, their sizes are a tad bit longer. This is not a negative point, but might not be suitable for small tables. However, this might be a drawback; their quality overcomes all such disadvantages and is still an excellent choice.
- These placemats are the right fit for every setting, even if you are hosting a dinner, or simply plan on keeping it on your work desk. Beautify the looks of your tables by placing these stylish placemats and amaze the observer in no time.
- Stains get off very easily and the mat dries quickly
- Heat resistant up to 150 F
- Smooth texture and creatively designed patterns
- An excellent choice for wood and glass tables
- Not waterproof
- Cannot be machine washed
- A little expensive
Complete guide on how to choose placemats
A simple decision to buy a placemat will lead you to a whole new dimension of modern design and home decor.
Want to know the important part?
Your own local store or even an online store is home to a dozen placemats, each produced with a different material, in a different size. Sorting out the perfect placemat for your own use can be a hard task. But, to cut it out for you, we will discuss the various aspects to compare which can narrow your list down a bit.
Features of the placemats for wood table
Are you looking for placemats that simply increase the beauty of your table, or are they both washable and durable for the long run? Should they be heat and water-resistant placemats?
Each placemat is made of a different material, with a different usage scenario in mind. Let’s put it this way, these durable placemats for a wood table might not be the right option for a glass or a plastic table.
These durable placemats for wood tables should either be excellent insulators or host a nominal degree of resistance to heat.
However, if you want to buy placemats for such purposes, then you should definitely be picking a placemat that is fade-resistant. Even if your table is close to a window, you might need protection from UV rays.
This again depends on the material used in the placemat. If a vinyl placemat is purchased, it can’t be machine-washed.
Similarly, a cloth placemat may or may not be machine washed and hand-washing might be required. It depends on the vendor and the quality of the product.
So, to start your journey, select a set of features and you’re one step forward.
Folding them up might solve the problem however, you should pick mats that are just the right size for your table.
In order to keep the table setting minimal and beautiful, a placemat should ideally be of the size 14 inches wide by 20 inches long.
Placemats are generally available in many other sizes and shapes. For example, round, square, or rectangular placemats are also very fashionable options.
If no market standard fits your needs, custom-sized placemats are also a thing. Designs and sizes are based on your own preference in these placemats and the options are limitless. Also, most of the placemats come in a size of 4 placemats. So, in addition to a total of 6 or 8 placemats definitely adds to the overall ranking in our list.
Points to remember while choosing placemats for wood table
- Always take a closer look at the materials while choosing the placemats for the wood table.
- Cotton placemats are way softer without a harsh odor. Hand-stitched placemats, with elegant designs, will definitely win over the people close by.
- Water stains can also be restrained in the placemat to a great extent. PVC or Vinyl placemats are amazing washable placemats.
- Although PVC-based placemats are excellent in terms of cleaning, many dislike their stiffness and the disability of machine washing.
- Cork placemats are also a trendy option. Their lightweight nature and protection from water stains and heat marks make them a loved choice by many.
- You may also like to check out our detailed guide on how to wash placemats.
Tips to choose budget-friendly placemats for wood table
- If you want to buy budget-friendly placemats for a wooden table then follow your strict-budget plan before going to buy it.
- Sometimes, cheaper placemats might lack in luster but could be more durable in the long run which could be the opposite of the expensive ones.
- One part of getting budget-friendly placemats depends on the material with which the placemat is made. Quantity is also an outcome of the value. How many placemats can you get in a specific amount?
- Always keep in mind what type of placemats you have. Choose softer materials for the glass top and polished wood to prevent scratches and burns.
FAQs for placemats for wood table
Q1: What can I use to protect my wooden table?
A: One of the easiest and budget-friendly ways of protecting a wooden table is to use placemats for wood tables. Use of a good quality placemat will protect your table from scratches, heat/burn marks, and other kinds of damage caused due to placing hot items on the table.
Q2: Which is the perfect material for placemats for wooden tables?
A: Placemats made of vinyl and fabric (cotton or linen) material are perfect for wood tables. These mats have a great heat-resistant capacity and are easy to maintain as well.
Q3: Do you keep placemats on the table?
A: It is totally a personal choice. People usually use placemats when they are having a meal but keeping them always on the table creates a beautiful ambiance and enhances the overall look of your dining settings.
Q4: How to protect wooden tables from heat marks?
A: You can maintain the beauty of your wood table and save them from white heat marks caused due to placing hot dishes by using the perfect placemats. Use of such mat will not save your dining from burning marks but also provide protection against spillages.
In this day and age, you have hundreds of options for everything. Placemats are no exception. From modern and contemporary to traditional, the market is full of designs and styles, each with its own beauty.
Just remember, keep it simple and try to look for the features which you most need, and the right product will satisfy you in no time. Styles, designs, colors, and values for each placemat might differ but, sometimes, even expensive tablemats might not be perfect.
We hope to have unrevealed the secrets to picking the most elegant, event-appropriate perfect placemats for wood tables through this extensive guide.
- For mess-free feeding, you should check out the 10 amazing placemats for toddlers.
- How To Choose Placemats?