Placemats for Wood Table – Do you want to add some pizzazz to your dining experience? Look no further than placemats! Yes, you heard that right, placemats. These little pieces of decor can transform your table from drab to fab in seconds. Not only do they protect your table from spills and stains, but they also add a touch of personality to your dining room. From quirky designs to hilarious puns, there’s a placemat out there for everyone. So, why settle for a plain old wood table when you can spice it up with some fun and funky placemats?
10 beautiful placemats for wood tables
Your home and kitchen design’s appeal can be found in the requirements like what are the durable placemats for your wood table, which protect your table and show off your aesthetics of dining. It is important to protect the wooden dining tables from heat and scratches through continuous use at the house. Therefore, to prevent the wooden table from these scratches and burn marks you should use placemats.
We have done a lot of research to curate a list of beautiful placemats for wood tables, evaluating the model design, durability, materials, and wash type. We have put forward a very detailed guide using which you can understand what aspects to pay more attention to while buying the placemats for wood tables.
We highly recommend you read the buyer’s guide at the end of the article.
So, without further ado, let’s discuss the amazing placemats for a wooden table in detail.
1. Heat and stains resistant washable placemats
A beautiful set of placemats that can light up the entire aura of a table with elegance and style, all the while, completing the theme of the table or the room.
Used Materials –
- 70% PVC
- 30% Polyester
- It is capable to bear a high temperature of 176 F which makes it efficient to protect wooden tables.
- These are amazing placemats for glass dining tables as they might cause water to flow through their weak pores, but can easily be wiped off of glass tables.
- These placemats are available in 5 different colors and their size is 18×12 inch
- The manufacturer provides an option to order either 4 or 6 placemats of the same top-grade material etched on, which is the same elegant design.
2. HEBE heat-resistant placemats for wooden table
A beautiful pair of six placemats, crafted by skilled artisans with durability in mind. These placemats possess many advantages as they are made from an approved environment-friendly material!
Materials Used –
- These stylish woven placemats add a wild touch of vibrancy to your wood table and are entirely heat-resistant.
- It is durable in nature as it can hold off all greasy stains which can leave a mark on your table.
- They are easily foldable and can easily be moved on or off the table as required.
- These economical placemats, available in a set of 6 and 12 different colors, are amazing and beautiful placemats for everyday use.
- Cleaning them can be a tad bit hard as the cross-weave leaves a few spots which might cause food or spill to stay inside.
However, they are definitely a great addition to a dining table and will complement the theme in a beautiful manner. Buying HEBE placemats is going to provide you a good value for the money.
3. Wood meets color woven braided placemats
If you are looking for a placemat that gives your table a refreshing look with a pop of color, protects your table from burn marks efficiently, and is cheap at the same time, this is the perfect placemat for you!
Another great thing about these beautiful vibrant placemats is their absorbent nature, which makes them the outstanding placemat for everyday use as all sorts of spills and messes by children can be well-taken care of.
- Absorbent in nature
- Protect your table from burn
- These placemats are available in a pack of 4
- These 12 x 18 inches cotton placemats will protect your wooden table from all sorts of stains and marks, and that too, for a long time.
- The table runner and napkin are also available in the same color and design.
- Another great offer by the company is the free replacement if the placemat gets torn after washing.
Most cloth placemats are not machine washable, but so is not the case with these placemats. Although the fringes on the sides are hand-knotted, the material doesn’t wither away nor release color on washing.
4. DII french stripe placemats for everyday use
Are you in search of an all-natural fiber placemat to create the perfect table setting? Well, these stylish and fashionable placemats are your only choice.
These exquisite placemats are available in a wide variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. You don’t need a special occasion to put up these placemats as they are a good option for almost every event and time.
- These placemats don’t offer good protection against hot bowls and dishes.
- they can also be cleaned using a damp cloth or a sponge with some sort of liquid or soap
- To keep their structure as it is, medium heat should be applied.
- Pots or plates with very hot substances should be avoided so these placemats can work longer than expected.
- The 13 inches long by 19 inches wide placemat is available in 14 different colors.
- These beautiful tablemats are manufactured using 100 percent cotton, which ultimately affects their durability.
- They’re incredibly economical both for the level of quality in terms of durability and value.
Points to remember while using DII french stripe placemats
One thing you need to take care of is the heat. These placemats So, don’t make the mistake of placing burning dishes on the mat. Shrinkage of these placemats might be a small issue, but does not always happen.
Be it a picnic, a dinner, or even a party, these placemats can upgrade the looks of your table twofold. Not only for your own usage but these placemats can also be gifted to others on various occasions.
One of the important aspects of buying these placemats is their price and the quantity of them compared to other products.
5. Heat-resistant placemats Benson Mills Bordeaux
If you are in search of placemats that reflect back on your luxurious love for artistic tables and still manage to keep the setting minimal, look no further.
The Bordeaux 100 percent cork placemats are possibly the only option you will come across at that price and value! The intricacies of the design are very clear from the get-go as your visual senses divulge into the beautifully printed placemats.
- These placemats are made up of cork. This cork makes its surface impermeable means it does not allow any liquid to pass through, which makes them outstanding spill-proof placemats.
- Also, because of their hard nature, spillages can be cleaned easily without the risk of the liquid creating a mess inside the fabric.
- They are great insulators and heat-resistant.
- This placemat can handle temperatures up to 212 F. So, feel comfortable when using hot pots or dishes as they will protect your table from all sorts of debris and stains.
Available in a huge range of different printed designs, they are loved by many and are also one of the amazing placemats for wooden tables.
6. Pauwer cross-weave woven vinyl
Looking forward to buying placemats that are extra durable, easy to clean, and incredibly lightweight? Pawers striped placemats will hands down, provide you with all these features!
Cleaning these placemats cannot be any easier. Just, for example, say your guests are over and something produces a stain on the placemat. You do not need to go out of the way to clean it.
Simply, washcloth, and rub the placemats gently to see a positive result. This inevitably makes them the most appropriate placemats for dining tables.
- Pauwer cross-weave placemats are not the perfect insulators.
- It can absorb heat up to 80°C.
- Easy to clean and very lightweight
Do you know, wooden tables might be at risk of permanent marks if hot substances are kept on this placemat for longer periods?
Material & Availability
- Cross-woven placemats are no ordinary pieces of cloth.
- By using approved PVC materials in their products, Pauwer placemats go out of the way to give you a fixed mix of elegance and modern placemats which can complement a wide range of home decor.
- These placemats are available in a set of 4, 6, 8, and 26 different colors. You can choose as many placemats as you want to depend on the size of your dining table.
7. Bright Dream Hard Table Washable Placemats
In order to complement a larger table, you might need placemats that are larger in length and suit well with your seating. With this usage in mind, these placemats are available in a whopping 18-inch wide by 12-inch long size, the perfect addition to long tables.
- Easy to manage and fold
- These vinyl placemats are amazing washable placemats as stains and debris can be swiped clean or washed under running water.
- Available in various colors and designs
- It is composed of 70% PVC and 30% Polyester
- They are available in the size of 18 x 12 inches and 38 different shades
Not only simple solid colors, but the placemats are also available in various designs and color shades to perfectly suit the shade of your table. To win over your guests, these might just be the perfect decision you will ever make as it attracts people over to their glistening looks and impresses more with their touch.
Vinyl placemats like these are also amazing square placemats for round tables as they can help in seating as well as for traditional beautifying and protection purposes.
8. Benson Mills Victorian Round Placemats
Traditional square placemats are famous but not as much as round ones. Benson Mills’ Victorian placemats give you a rustic feel with their round nature and look.
Feel free to keep any hot pot on your Victorian placemat without the stress of noticing an unwanted stain later.
- If you are looking for placemats that protect tables from heat, with their hard material, these placemats will go a long way to help you steer clear of all heat marks.
- Cleaning placemats can be an extremely daunting task. However, the polypropylene material used in these table mats makes them resistant to long-term stains.
- Cleaning them is fairly easy and can be done with a damp cloth or sponge, or a simple wipe.
- The rustic brown or brick-red shade of the placemat goes with almost every table. Whether an oak wood table or a simple glass table, these 15-inch placemats will look amazing everywhere for all sorts of usages.
- Add a bit of fun to your table with these small round sets of joy.
9. U’Artlines Non-Slip, Washable Placemats
Bright dreams placemats can greatly impact the overall impression of the table settings with their simple yet modern color schemes.
With these high-quality placemats on your kitchen table, you can easily let go of the worries that your children might make a mess. Let them, and you can easily clean the dirt right off by wiping the placemat and soaking it in warm soapy water. If the stains still won’t go, a brush and a similar soap solution are your perfect bet.
- These placemats are not only for conventional tables, but they are also amazing placemats for round tables.
- Be it a patio table in your green garden, or your glass table inside, it will fit perfectly in every case.
- PVC and Polyester are the main materials used to manufacture these placemats which are approximately 18×12 inches and available in 45 different colors.
- Although a little longer, they can also be used on smaller tables, either by folding inside or by keeping one over another.
10. HEBE Heat Resistant, Non-Slip, Washable Placemats
HEBE manufactures placemats designed with utmost attention to quality, value, and detail. In order to showcase your love and interest in cultural art, these placemats might be the perfect fit as they amaze the eye with their creative patterns.
- If you want to keep the table protected from heat marks, these placemats are slightly thicker than normal, and very quality PVC materials are used to protect this well.
- They are remarkably amazing placemats to protect wood tables because of their high heat resistance.
- Available in a set of 6 and 21 different colors, their sizes are a tad bit longer. This is not a negative point, but might not be suitable for small tables. However, this might be a drawback; their quality overcomes all such disadvantages and is still an excellent choice.
- These placemats are the right fit for every setting, even if you are hosting a dinner, or simply plan on keeping it on your work desk. Beautify the looks of your tables by placing these stylish placemats and amaze the observer in no time.
Complete guide on how to choose placemats
A simple decision to buy a placemat will lead you to a whole new dimension of modern design and home decor.
Want to know the important part?
Your own local store or even an online store is home to a dozen placemats, each produced with a different material, in a different size. Sorting out the perfect placemat for your own use can be a hard task. But, to cut it out for you, we will discuss the various aspects to compare which can narrow your list down a bit.
Features of the placemats for wood table
Are you looking for placemats that simply increase the beauty of your table, or are they both washable and durable for the long run? Should they be heat and water-resistant placemats?
Each placemat is made of a different material, with a different usage scenario in mind. Let’s put it this way, these durable placemats for a wood table might not be the right option for a glass or a plastic table.
These durable placemats for wood tables should either be excellent insulators or host a nominal degree of resistance to heat.
However, if you want to buy placemats for such purposes, then you should definitely be picking a placemat that is fade-resistant. Even if your table is close to a window, you might need protection from UV rays.
This again depends on the material used in the placemat. If a vinyl placemat is purchased, it can’t be machine-washed.
Similarly, a cloth placemat may or may not be machine washed and hand-washing might be required. It depends on the vendor and the quality of the product.
So, to start your journey, select a set of features and you’re one step forward.
Folding them up might solve the problem however, you should pick mats that are just the right size for your table.
In order to keep the table setting minimal and beautiful, a placemat should ideally be of the size 14 inches wide by 20 inches long.
Placemats are generally available in many other sizes and shapes. For example, round, square, or rectangular placemats are also very fashionable options.
If no market standard fits your needs, custom-sized placemats are also a thing. Designs and sizes are based on your own preference in these placemats and the options are limitless. Also, most of the placemats come in a size of 4 placemats. So, in addition to a total of 6 or 8 placemats definitely adds to the overall ranking in our list.
Points to remember while choosing placemats for wood table
- Always take a closer look at the materials while choosing the placemats for the wood table.
- Cotton placemats are way softer without a harsh odor. Hand-stitched placemats, with elegant designs, will definitely win over the people close by.
- Water stains can also be restrained in the placemat to a great extent. PVC or Vinyl placemats are amazing washable placemats.
- Although PVC-based placemats are excellent in terms of cleaning, many dislike their stiffness and the disability of machine washing.
- Cork placemats are also a trendy option. Their lightweight nature and protection from water stains and heat marks make them a loved choice by many.
- You may also like to check out our detailed guide on how to wash placemats.
Tips to choose budget-friendly placemats for wood table
- If you want to buy budget-friendly placemats for a wooden table then follow your strict-budget plan before going to buy it.
- Sometimes, cheaper placemats might lack in luster but could be more durable in the long run which could be the opposite of the expensive ones.
- One part of getting budget-friendly placemats depends on the material with which the placemat is made. Quantity is also an outcome of the value. How many placemats can you get in a specific amount?
- Always keep in mind what type of placemats you have. Choose softer materials for the glass top and polished wood to prevent scratches and burns.
Concluding Placemats for Wooden Table
In conclusion, placemats for wood tables are a must-have for any home. Not only do they protect your table from scratches and spills, but they also add a touch of style and personality to your dining experience. Plus, they make for great conversation starters. Imagine your guests admiring your unique placemats and asking where you got them from. You can respond with a witty remark like, “Oh, I made them myself with my bare hands and a glue gun.” Or, you can simply tell them the truth and recommend they get their own set of placemats for their wood table. Trust us, your table (and your guests) will thank you.
- For mess-free feeding, you should check out the 10 amazing placemats for toddlers.
- How To Choose Placemats?
FAQs for Placemats for Wood Tables
What can I use to protect my wooden table?
One of the easiest and budget-friendly ways of protecting a wooden table is to use placemats for wood tables. Using a good quality placemat will protect your table from scratches, heat/burn marks, and other kinds of damage caused by placing hot items on the table.
What are placemats for wood tables?
Placemats for wood tables are protective mats or pads placed on a wooden table to safeguard it from scratches, stains, and heat damage caused by plates, utensils, and hot dishes.
Which is the perfect material for placemats for wooden tables?
Placemats made of vinyl and fabric (cotton or linen) material are perfect for wood tables. These mats have great heat-resistant capacity and are easy to maintain as well.
How do I choose the right size of placemats for my wood table?
To choose the right size of placemats, measure the dimensions of your wood table. Ideally, the placemats should be slightly larger than the size of the dinner plates and cutlery to provide adequate coverage and protection.
Do you keep placemats on the table?
It is entirely a personal choice. People usually use placemats when they are having a meal, but keeping them always on the table creates a beautiful ambiance and enhances the overall look of your dining settings.
How do I clean placemats for wood tables?
The cleaning method depends on the material of the placemats. Most fabric placemats can be machine-washed or hand-washed, while vinyl, PVC, and bamboo placemats can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific cleaning recommendations.
How to protect wooden tables from heat marks?
You can maintain the beauty of your wood table and save it from white heat marks caused by placing hot dishes by using the perfect placemats. Using such mats will not only save your dining table from burning marks but also provide protection against spillages.
Where can I purchase placemats for wood tables?
Placemats for wood tables are available at home goods stores, kitchenware retailers, department stores, and online marketplaces. You can also find a wide variety of options through specialty tableware or interior design stores.