Stepping out of the shower onto a soft and plush bath mat is one of life’s simple pleasures. But what if that bath mat could also stay in place, never slipping or sliding around, even when wet? Enter bath mats with suction cups! These innovative mats feature small suction cups on the bottom that securely attach to your bathroom floor, providing both comfort and safety.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of using bath mats with suction cups, and highlight some of the amazing options available on the market today.
How to clean bath mats with suction cups?
Note that, you should be well aware of the material your bath mat is composed of. This is to avoid any harsh reaction that might occur to your mat’s material because of using soapy solutions and detergents. Make sure to check out the guidebook provided along with your bathtub mat, before considering cleaning it.
Steps for how to clean bath mats with suction cups-hot water wash –
This is the simplest way of cleaning your bathtub mat, but it involves CONSISTENCY!
- Let your mat be soaked in warm water for a while after bathing.
- Do not add any detergent or soap solution to the tub.
- Invert it, lay it in the tub, and let the tub be filled with warm water.
- After a while, drain out all the water and let your mat air dry in the tub.
Adopting this simple, quick technique after every wash will ensure that your mat does not give residence to any bacteria or infectious contaminants and is ready to be used again for the next bath.
Steps for how to clean bath mats with suction cups (bleach wash) –
If you have not cleaned your bathtub mat for a while, and now plan on cleaning it, this is the perfect method to get rid of dirt from the mat. Bleach solution will loosen the stains and expose all the mold and bacteria that have accumulated inside the suction cups.
- Fill your bathtub or any bucket large enough to hold your bath mat with warm water.
- Pour some bleach inside the tub and let the two components be mixed for a while.
- After that, place your bathtub mat upside down, exposing the suction cups.
- Take a cleaning brush and lightly rub it over the entire mat. You can then turn its side and repeat the same procedure for the top surface.
- When you are done cleaning, drain out the entire solution and now wash the mat with clean water.
- It will be easy to let the mat dry completely in the open air for a while, but you can also place it in some clean corner of the bathroom, or hang it on the towel stand to let it dry.
How to clean bath mats with suction cups (dishwater cleaning spree)?
Surprisingly! You can even use a dishwasher to wash your bathtub mat with suction cups. This technique should only be adopted when your bathtub mat is not highly dirty and only needs to be given a light wash.
- Remove all the dishes from the washer and place the mat inside it.
- Now, let warm water be filled inside the dishwasher.
- Give it one or two cycles and then take out the mat.
- Make sure to dry it properly before placing it again in the bathtub.
- You can either sundry or air dry the mat for a few hours so that no moisture remains in the suction cups of the mat.
Steps for how to clean bath mats with suction cups (washing machine cleaning)
While doing your laundry, you can place your bathtub mat alongside the bathroom towels in the washing machine and give it a clean wash. It is recommended not to place the mat alone since the mat’s materials may rub against each other and damage the mat’s appearance.
- Place your mat in the machine along with some bathroom towels.
- Now, drop a light detergent inside the machine and set the machine water setting to either cold or warm.
- Hot water washing inside the machine is generally not suitable even for clothes.
- After it’s all neat and tidy, dry it properly.
- Do not use the washing machine dryer for drying the bathtub mat with suction cups.
Even the nonslip shower mats have been found to get significantly damaged by drying in the automatic dryer.
Conclusion for how to clean bath mats with suction cups
Clean and maintain your bathtub mat so that it lasts longer than you expect from it. No one can afford to get a new bathtub mat after every two months! Cleaning the bathtub mat frequently will also keep you and your family members safe from infections and bacteria that you may catch from a dirty and unhygienic mat.
If you are planning to replace your old shower mat, you should check out these 10 Amazing Non-Slip Bathtub Mats that offer excellent grip and slip resistance.