Dirt Trapping Door Mats – Placing a mat at the front door is necessary if you want to keep your house floors neat and tidy. The best dirt-trapping door mats are the one that effectively captures all the traces of outdoor dust, sand, mud, snow, etc., and keeps your entryway free from mess.
You would be thinking selecting a front door mat is a very easy job, but in reality, it is not the case. When you decide to buy one, you will find a huge collection of doormat brands made of a different kinds of material.
What are dirt trapping door mats?
It is recommended to buy a heavy-duty door mat and in this regard mats made of rough fiber work exceptionally well in brushing off dirt and mud from the tread of shoes. However, such mats won’t be able to perform well against rain, snow, and mud.
Here are some very common materials used for manufacturing indoor and outdoor mats:
- Coir – A rough fiber
The other two types of mats PVC and rubber are highly slip-resistant, and water-absorbent, and gives a satisfactory performance in removing dirt, dust, sand, and pebbles. Additionally, these mats are pet friendly and very easy to clean.
You know what Some of these door mats are machine washable as well!
To make things easier for you guys we have designed a list of aesthetically looking dirt-trapping outdoor and indoor mats. These rugs are highly affordable and do the job very well.
You might be interested in checking out the Kitchen Mats for Hardwood Floors.
10 amazing dirt trapping door mats
Here is a quick chart that includes the best door mats for shoes. You can click on the check price button to order one right away.
|Sierra Concepts||Check Price|
|Kempf Best Door Mat||Check Price|
|Fab Habitat||Check Price|
|Kempf Door Mat||Check Price|
|DEXI Low-Profile Mats||Check Price|
|Kaluns Entry Rug||Check Price|
|Mibao Half Round||Check Price|
|Biga Decorative Mat||Check Price|
|Bungalow Floor Mat||Check Price|
|Ritz Tufted||Check Price|
1. Sierra concepts for dirt trapping door mats
It is an attractive-looking mat made of premium quality ribbed polyester and recycled rubber that works exceptionally well in high-traffic areas.
The package includes two entry floor mats in two different colors, and the best thing is the pack is highly affordable.
Properties of Sierra dirt trapping door mats:
- The mat has an anti-slip backing that let the mat stay firm in its place when placed on a hardwood or tiled floor.
- Furthermore, the heavy-duty rubber material used on the back ensures the water doesn’t pass through the surface of the mat.
- Removing dirt and dust from the mat is also very easy.
- It can be done by shaking or tapping the mat against the wall and sweeping with a broom.
- For deep cleaning, you can use a water hose, and let the mat dry in the open air but keep one thing in mind once the mat is wet, it takes a lot of time to dry.
2. Kempf dirt trapping door mats
Using the Kempf doormat, you can easily keep your home floors free of dirt and mud stains.
Its versatile design makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor, and even you can use it on the carpeted floor as well.
This doormat is made of 100% natural coco fibers, which makes the mat highly durable and environmentally friendly.
Properties of Kempf dirt trapping door mats:
- In addition to premium quality material, the mat has a very eye-catching design and is available in two different color borders green and black.
- The black one can also be used as a kitchen or bathroom mat.
- The base of the mat is not slip-resistant but being bulky the mat that mat stays in its place and doesn’t slip or slide around when you step on it.
- To get rid of dirt and dust from the mat, you can use a broom, and if it has caught a stain, don’t worry, you can wash the mat to get rid of it.
- Your dear pet can also rest on the mat, but it is not effective against pet litter. For capturing pet dirt, we suggest checking out our detailed article on amazing cat litter mats.
3. Fab habitat handmade extra thick dirt trapping door mat
Next on the list, we have an extra-thick luxury front door mat. I call it luxurious because of the stunning designs that enhance the overall look of your home entrance when it is placed indoors.
The mat is available has two different variants; low and high pile, and gives the user a choice to choose from 18 attractive designs.
Each mat is crafted with extensive care, and the company ensured to manufacture each piece flawlessly.
Properties of Fab habitat handmade extra thick dirt trapping door mat:
- Coir is the primary material used in the construction of this material, and the colors used for dying the fiber are environmentally friendly.
- While choosing this mat keep one thing in mind, its extra thickness can cause trouble in the opening and closing of the door.
- It is advised to take proper measurements before ordering this mat.
- As the mat is designed with coconut fiber which is a bit hard and this natural feature of the material enhances the mat’s ability to capture dirt and mud more effectively compared to others.
- To clean the dirt from the mat, you can use a stiff brush. Avoid washing the mat as doing so will ruin its look.
4. Kempf dirt trapping door mat
Here is another product from Kempf that joins the list of good-quality door mats. This rug-designed mat is available in 5 different sizes, making it easy for the buyer to choose the one that perfectly fits the entrance.
As this mat is made of thick dried natural coconut fibers due to color option is very limited and it is available only in tan color.
The color won’t be a deal-breaker because it goes fine with all types of flooring, whether it is tiled, carpeted, or hardwood floor.
- The top surface of the mat is rough which enables the mat to scrape off all the dirt, grit, and grass from the boots.
- Moreover, the extra thickness of the mat prevents the leakage of moisture and keeps your hallway remained clean and free from mud and dirt marks.
- For someone who is looking for the best outdoor plain doormats, this mat is their best bet because it has the ability to withstand tough weather conditions, i.e. heat, rain, snow, or mud.
- The aesthetic look of the mat makes it suitable for homes, offices, and shops as well.
5. DEXI low-profile dirt trapping door mat
This is one of the most beautiful entry door mats on the list. Apart, from the front door of the house, you can place DEXI’s low profile mat at the entrance of the kitchen or bathroom.
The company offers buyers a choice of five different sizes with seven different designs and colors. Â All the material used for constructing this mat is toxic-free.
Properties of DEXI low-profile dirt trapping door mat:
- Both materials are highly environmentally friendly, and their usage is safe for all family members, including pets.
- The patterned grooves on top of the mat capture dirt and dust not only from the shoe sole but also from the cat and dog paws, saving the cost of pet litter mats.
- The rubber on the back forms an excellent grip when the mat is placed on a smooth floor, saving you from accidents like slips and falls.
- Moreover, this feature also doesn’t let any liquid pass through the surface of the mat.
- For cleaning purposes, you can use a broom, or vacuum cleaner, or shake the mat to remove dirt, dust, and sand.
- Also, give it a deep cleaning once in a month to maintain the overall look of the mat.
6. Kaluns entry rug with waterproof backing
Kaluns entry rug prevents dirt, sand, mud, and moisture from entering your home by brushing off everything from your shoes that can destroy the look of your floor.
It is an all-purpose mat which means you can use this beautiful piece as a kitchen mat, dog mat, living room, garage, and commercial purpose as well.
Properties of Kaluns dirt trapping door mat:
- Threads that you will find on the front side are made of 100% polyester, and they are very good at catching dirt, mud, and snow from the shoes.
- To prevent moisture leakage, sliding, and scuffing the manufacturer has cleverly installed the anti-slip PVC material.
- Its low profile design won’t obstruct the opening and closing of the door at all.
- The mat is available in three sizes and eight different colors, giving users a choice to select the one that perfectly complements their flooring and home decor.
- One of the most exciting features that give more trust to the buyer is the full one-year money-back guarantee.
- Buy with trust, and if you are not satisfied return it right away.
7. Mibao half round dirt trapping door mats
If you are searching for a stylish front door mat, your search ends here. Mibao’s half-round entrance mat can enhance the beauty of your home entryway.
This cool-looking mat is a mixture of eco-friendly rubber and polypropylene material. Its sturdy formation using the upgraded technology guarantees its durability and you can expect an all-round performance from it.
The rugged surface of the mat won’t let any dirt, dust, or debris pass through the mat. It will capture everything attached to the sole of the boot.Properties of Mibao half round dirt trapping door mats:
- Premium-grade rubber has been used to construct the back of the mat, which plays a vital role in holding the mat on the floor.
- Additionally, rubber-made beveled corners prevent dirt and dust from scattering in the house.
- Its low pile design prevents it from sticking underneath the door.
- The mat is available in two different colors that are suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.
- Maintenance of the mat is also very easy and doesn’t require any expensive solutions for cleaning.
8. Biga decorative dirt trapping door mats
It is time to welcome your guests with a special greeting front door mat from BIGA. This elegant mat greets your guests with a big ËœHello’ font on its top.
Biga outdoor mat is manufactured using top-quality polyethylene and TPR and doesn’t contain any element that is harmful to the environment.
- When it comes to sweeping dirt, debris, mud, and snow from the shoes, it does the job very well and ensures your beautiful-looking floor doesn’t catch any bad marks of footsteps.
- To ensure the safety of a person who steps on the mat, the back of this best entrance rug for the home has been kept slip-resistant eliminating the risk of slip accidents.
- Maintenance of the mat is super easy; you can use either vacuum clean the mat or wash it using the hose.
- Don’t worry, washing won’t fade the color of the mat.
- It is available in 3 different colors and sizes to buy the one that matches your home decor.
9. Bungalow flooring dirt trapping door mats
For people who are looking for a large size highly water-absorbent doormat, this is their best bet. It is a mat made of post-consumer plastic which enables it to absorb approx. 1.3 gallons of water.
The aesthetic greeting font of ËœHello’ on the front warmly welcomes every single person coming to your home. Additionally, it holds all the water, dirt, and debris on its surface and won’t let it ruin your flooring.
Properties of Bungalow flooring dirt trapping door mats:
- The recycled SBR rubber used on the back of the mat grips the floor very well and prevents it from sliding around.
- The size of the mat is approx.. 35 inches long and 23 inches wide, making it suitable for medium to large entryways.
- The available color options are bluestone, charcoal, dark brown, green, grey, and khaki.
- In my opinion khaki and dark brown are good because dirt and dust won’t be visible in these colors.
10. Ritz tufted non-slip dirt dripping door mat
Next on the list, we have a mat with anti-slip latex backing which ensures the safety of the user by preventing slips and skids when you step inside your house.
When it comes to the construction of the mat, is formed using a top-quality nylon loop. The design has overlock stitches around the edges to ensure its durability, and the mat serves you for a longer period of time.
Properties of Ritz tufted non-slip dirt dripping door mat:
- Placement of the mat is not only limited to front doors only, but its elegant design also complements your kitchen accessories and looks cool in the TV lounge as well.
- Place it anywhere in the house, and its look won’t disappoint you at all.
- The color of the rug won’t fade away, and the material is highly resistant to stains; that’s why it requires very low maintenance.
- Shake the mat to remove the dirt, and you can also wash the mat once in a while.
To sum up, the best dirt trapping door mats are essential for every homeowner who want to prevent scattering of dirt, dust, debris, and sand and protect floors from snow and marks. There is a huge variety of mats, but every piece of the rug is not good at trapping dirt; that’s why we have to compile this list. All the above shared front doormats are good at capturing dirt, but you need to pick one that fits your needs. Do share your experience of buying an entrance mat.